PUBG Awards Europe 2022 Contest - Terms & Conditions
PUBG Awards Europe 2022 Contest
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
EVENT TITLE: PUBG Awards Europe 2022 Contest
Event Period: 21 November 2022 at 15:00 PM CET to 5 December 2022 at 23:59 PM CET.
Reward Distribution Date: Within 3 months after the Event Period.
Reward: Five winners will be selected, each to win all of the following:
- One 10,000 G-COIN
- One 3D Printed Trophy
- One Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma mat
- One Razer Viper 8KHz – Black mouse
- One Razer BlackShark V2 X – Green headset
How to submit:
Post an PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS in-game clip on your Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts using the Event hashtag #PUBGAwards22 and the category hashtags either #GoodArm, #HottestDrop #FearlessRide, #ProPlays, #BattleLoyale
Limited to 1 entry per person.
Selection criteria: PUBG Amsterdam B.V. will be nominating participants, for the public to choose five winners using the Poll feature on Twitch.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY MONEY IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A REWARD. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR WHERE REGISTRATION, BONDING OR LOCALIZATION ARE REQUIRED. SUBJECT TO ALL NATIONAL, REGIONAL AND LOCAL LAWS.
The PUBG Awards Europe 2022 Contest (the “Event”) is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS Terms of Service available at https://emea.battlegrounds.pubg.com/en/terms-of-service/ (“Terms of Service”). Other important details and requirements and conditions of participations for the Event may be set forth on the page which linked to these Official Rules (the “Event Page”) and through our official social media channels such as on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter. By posting or submitting an entry to the Event, you are accepting the terms and conditions of participation on the Event Page, these Official Rules, and the Terms of Service.
1. Event Sponsor. The sponsors of this Event are PUBG AMSTERDAM B.V., Herikerbergweg 181, 1101 CN, Amsterdam, Netherlands and Razer (Europe) GmbH, Essener Bogen 23, 22419 Hamburg, Germany (collectively “Sponsor”).
2. Submission Criteria. All entries must meet the following criteria:
a. Entries must be submitted according to the specifications set forth in the Submission Guidelines.
b. Entries must be submitted through ways indicated in the Submission Guidelines.
c. Entries must not previously have been publicly available prior to the commencement of the Event.
d. Each entrant may submit a maximum of one entry per Event.
e. Entries must follow the community guidelines and terms of service of the platform used for the entry.
Each entry is associated with the entrant who submitted it. The recorded time of submissions will be the date and timestamp of the received submission as displayed in CET. Sponsor may reject any entries that are found, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Official Rules. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification.
3. Entrant Eligibility. The Event is open only to legal residents of, and persons physically located within the European Union or United Kingdom, who are at least of the age of majority in their country or state of residence, as applicable. Employees of Sponsor, including its affiliate companies, and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members are not eligible. Any additional eligibility requirements can be found in these Official Rules and the Submission Guidelines. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized holder of the associated email address, user name or social media handle will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized holder” is the natural person assigned an account, email address, username or social media handle by an Internet access provider, online service provider, social media channel or other organization responsible for assigning accounts, email addresses or usernames. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized holder.
4. Event Period.
The Event begins at 21 November 2022 at 15:00 PM CET, and ends at 5 December 2022 at 23:59 PM CET (the “Event Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Event. The Event will be carried out as further detailed below:
a. Submitting Stage, Time period: Opt-in begins on 21 November 2022 at 15:00 PM CET. Entrants should follow the Submission Guidelines and submit their entry through the opt-in process. Please provide your real information. Every entry account is limited to 1 entry for the Event.
b. Reward Distribution, Time Period: The rewards will be awarded within 3 months after the Event Period. Rewards will be distributed following Sponsor’s review and confirmation that the entry account has successfully completed the Submission Guidelines. Participants with valid entries will be sent their respective rewards in-game (e.g., via their in-game mail) and via their registered mail address.
For the Event, the reward is available to participants that meet the Submission Guidelines, as supplies last or the Event concludes, whichever comes first.
Sponsor will notify winners by private message on either Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram.
Sponsor may contact winners in English or winner’s designated language.
If a winning entry is disqualified, the reward will be given to the next entrant eligible to win a reward based on the Submission Guidelines. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive or understand communications or these Official Rules for any reason, including inactive account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor any account. Winner, and any other individuals appearing in winner’s entry, may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and a publicity release (depending on the nature of the Event and the Submission Guidelines). By entering the Event or accepting any reward, each participant (including without limitation each honorable mention) allows Sponsor to use their name, photograph, likeness, voice, opinions, information, biographical information, hometown and jurisdiction of residence for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law. Except where prohibited, participation in the Event constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of entrant’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and jurisdiction of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
6. Rewards. The reward for the Event is as indicated below. The reward will be subject to the terms of the issuer. No substitution, assignment, return or transfer of the reward is permitted, except by Sponsor, who has the right and sole discretion to substitute a reward with another of comparable or greater value. TAXES AND ANY OTHER COSTS, IF ANY AND AS REQUIRED BY LAW, RELATED TO THE REWARD ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
Five winners will be selected, each to win all of the following, to be received within 3 months after the Event Period:
- One 10,000 G-COIN
- One 3D Printed Trophy
- One Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma mat
- One Razer Viper 8KHz – Black mouse
- One Razer BlackShark V2 X – Green headset
These rewards are available as supplies last or upon conclusion of the Event, whichever comes first. Winners will receive the rewards in-game and by mail, and may not receive further communications from Sponsor.
Winners may be required to sign an affidavit or otherwise provide affirmative consent regarding their eligibility, liability release, a publicity release approving the use of their name and likeness for publicity and marketing purposes to the extent not already covered by these Official Rules, payment of applicable federal, and state tax releases, which release needs to be returned via email to Sponsor within 48 hours of notification, or else forfeit their reward. Rewards returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fifteen (15) days after delivery of notification will be forfeited.
Rewards are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any rewards will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a reward for another reward. All rewards are provided “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). A winning entrant must respond to any notices sent from Sponsor and provide any requested information to receive any reward. Failure to so respond will result in forfeiture of the reward and, at Sponsor’s discretion, disqualification of the winning entrant and allocating any limited quantity reward, if applicable, to an alternate winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of any entrant.
7. Conditions of Participation. By submitting an entry for the Event, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and any decision Sponsor makes regarding the Event, which Sponsor or its designees shall make in their sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in Sponsor’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with Sponsor’s site, the entry process, intentionally submits more than the allowed entries, violates these Official Rules or the Terms of Service, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
Any cheating or defrauding of the Event systems is strictly forbidden and will lead to the complete disqualification of your entry, disqualification from future promotions, and legal action for damages incurred from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Please play fairly. Any breach of these Official Rules by you will disqualify you from participation in the Event or receiving rewards. Sponsor may, at its option, disqualify you from participation if you have previously won a reward or been disqualified from any contest, sweepstakes, competition, or other promotional offering held by Sponsor. Any entrant who submits an entry that they themselves did not create may be disqualified from the Event(s). Submissions that contain material or content in violation of the Submission Guidelines, that fail to adhere to the requirements within these Official Rules, or is fraudulent in any way, may also be disqualified. Sponsor staff and administrators, at their discretion, may remove, or order removed any and all entries submitted by a disqualified entrant, as well as any entry deemed ineligible by failure to abide by the requirements of these Rules.
8. Intellectual Property. Ownership of the pre-existing underlying intellectual property of the entrant remains the property of the entrant subject to Sponsor’s rights to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit the entry for the purpose of administering and promoting the Event and for Sponsor’s marketing and advertising purposes. By participating in the Event, each entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable license, with the right to sublicense, to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, modify, remake, and exhibit (including the right to make derivative works of) the entry and materials and information submitted on and in connection with the Event or use or receipt of the reward for any and all purposes in any medium. Each participating entrant hereby warrants that any entry and other materials and information provided by entrant are original with entrant and do not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and do not violate any rules or regulations. If the entry or information or materials provided by entrant contain any material or elements that are not owned by entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, entrant represents he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the entry and information or materials, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use and exploitation of the entry and information and materials by Sponsor in the manner set forth in the Official Rules without additional compensation.
Each entrant warrants that the entry and materials and information provided do not contain information considered by entrant, its employees or personnel, or any other third party to be confidential, and that the entry, materials and information provided do not violate any laws or regulations. Entrant hereby warrants and represents that (a) entrant owns all rights to all entry materials submitted by entrant; and (b) all such entry materials are original works of authorship on entrant’s part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity. Entrant agrees that Sponsor has the right to verify the ownership and originality of all entries and that, upon Sponsor’s request, entrant must submit a written copy of any release or permission entrant has received from a third-party granting entrant the right to use such property. Entrant understands and acknowledges that in the event a submission is selected as a winning entry, and entrant’s ownership, rights and the originality of the entry cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Sponsor or is in any other way ineligible, Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on the same judging criteria.
Except to the extent prohibited by law, entrants waive the benefit of any “moral rights” or “droit moral” or similar rights in any country to any content that they upload, submit or otherwise provide to Sponsor associated with the Event (“Entrant Content”). In addition, when an entrant creates, appears in, uploads, or posts Entrant Content, that entrant grants Sponsor a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, license, with the right to sublicense, to such entrant’s name, likeness, and voice, including in connection with commercial or sponsored content. This means, among other things, that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation from Sponsor, its affiliates, or its business partners if such entrant’s name, likeness, or voice is conveyed through the game or any related services, or on one of Sponsor’s business partner’s platforms.
Other than for the sole and limited purpose of participating in the Event, these Official Rules grant no license, permission, or rights to use Sponsor’s content, game content, or any Sponsor intellectual property for any other purpose whatsoever.
9. Disclaimer, Release and Limit of Liability. SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY REWARD OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT. BY ENTERING THE EVENT OR RECEIPT OF ANY REWARD, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/EVENT AGENCIES, EVENT PLATFORM PROVIDERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY REWARD. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE EVENT; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE EVENT; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE EVENT OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS, DATA, OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY REWARD. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Event, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Event, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a choosing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the rewards offered herein. No more than the stated number of rewards will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of rewards to the extent set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of rewards by a choosing from all legitimate, unawarded, eligible reward claims. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with either Event as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Event(s). The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, these Official Rules and the Event shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the Netherlands, and any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and finally settled by arbitration by the International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”) in accordance with its rules then in effect. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The seat of arbitral proceedings shall be Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
12. Languages. These Official Rules may be made in multiple language versions. In the event of a dispute as to the terms of different language versions, the English version shall prevail.
13. No Affiliation with Social Media Channels. The Event is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any of the social media channels used in connection with the Event.
14. Rights Reserved. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend the Event if cheating or other extenuating circumstances affect the fairness or integrity of the Event. This right is reserved whether the circumstances are due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Event, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Event.
15. Miscellaneous. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Event or entrant’s participation in the Event should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Event or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Event as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Event or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Event or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Event. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Event. ALL DECISIONS BY SPONSOR ARE FINAL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE EVENT.
16. Winners List. For a list of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped letter containing your request and name of the Event: ATTN: Winners List – NA Player Lifecycle Management, 1601 Cloverfield Blvd, #5000N, Santa Monica, CA 90404. This letter must be received by December 6, 2022.
For any feedback or questions regarding these Official Rules, the Event, winners, or rewards, you can contact Sponsor by sending an email to https://support.pubg.com/